Make your own free website on

How to Apply for Housing

Important Announcements

As of (DATE), SHA is no longer accepting application for Section 8 program.


Deterimine if you ae eleigble to apply. One qualifies to apply for public housing if one('s):

  1. lives in a dwelling unit which is unsafe, unsanitary, or overcrowded;
  2. is wilthout housing due to causes other than the fault of the tenant;
  3. is displaced through action by any public body or court as the result of an improvement program or enforcement of housing standards;
  4. total family income is not adequate to secure privately owned standard housing.

Fill out an application. Applications are available Mondays and Tuesdays from 8:00AM to 12NOON and 1:00PM to 3:00PM at Wilkinson Terrace Apartments, 2725 Southern Avenue.


Provide the following documents with your application:

  1. Social Security Cards (for all family members)
  2. Picture ID
  3. Birth Certificate
  4. Proof of Income
For additional information, contact Central Processing at 221-2450.

Top | How to Apply for Housing | Developments | Section 8 | General Info | Contact Us | FAQ | Links

Copyright Housing Authority of the City of Shreveport 2004